Google+ Positive Psychologist: "Good" Morning!

Leader

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"Good" Morning!


I love reading www.stanleyonbible.com and this is a beautiful post I couldn't ignore.

Everyday we pass through so many situations where we are lured to show our nasty side (trust me it is there in both you and me) and it hurts both the sender and receiver. Stanley spells out a solution from the Bible.


God does not ignore what we speak when we are agitated with anger and agonizing in anguish. Rather He takes a serious view of it. The Book of Job vividly illustrates this point. What God said at the end of the story is a sober truth. He told Eliphaz, "I am angry with you and with your two friends, for you have not been right in what you SAID about Me, as My servant was" (Job 42:7).

What lies beyond death and grave is the greatest strengthener of our feeble hands and weak knees. We have every reason to be agitated and lose patience in suffering if there is no life after death. How many long hours we sometimes wait in visa issuing offices to travel overseas! How much we rejoice when the visa is finally stamped on our passports! How much more patient should we be today for the glory land we would enter tomorrow! "What we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory God will give us later" (Rom 8:18).

When we lose patience in any situation, virtues leave us one by one, and vices lift up their ugly heads. We suddenly realize that we have spoken detestable words which are too many to be taken back. If we are quiet and confident, we can declare, "God knows the way I take; when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold" (Job 23:10).

Think of the words of impatience poured out of our mouths while suffering in the past. If God had reciprocated our anger and impatience, would He have delivered us from our problems? Waves are nothing to those who regularly bathe in the sea. Likewise let us get accustomed to live with sufferings. See what Paul has written in Romans 5:3-5: "We can rejoice when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us—they help us to learn patience. And patience develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation. And this expectation will not disappoint us!"

The disease of Job was awful. He was dying daily without dying. But he knew that there was light after the tunnel, and life after death. This confidence gave birth to this song: "I know that my Redeemer lives... And after my skin is destroyed, this I know, that in my flesh I shall see God!" (Job 19:25,26). This cannot be anything but the prophetic expectation of the glorified bodies which will be given to the children of God in the New Heaven and New Earth! Cheer up, dear Christian, your night will soon be over and there will be Dayspring!


No comments:

Adapt