Google+ Positive Psychologist: A pause for Madiba

Leader

Saturday, December 7, 2013

A pause for Madiba


Madiba is no more.

I am deeply calm. I don't know this feeling or the lack of it. I don't know if I should be happy or sad.

Happy for being born into a nation where I am not a slave, I am free to wake up on my own time, eat, rest, work, learn and raise a family. Where I am glad to know that my kid has a future. Sad because the man who fought all his life, like the Mahatma, is a nation where he was jailed but loved is no more.

And then I am super happy that his struggle is over and he emerged a winner. I am erupting with a joyous emotion of achievement where the world is not looking down on people anymore, the leaders need not be celebrated men of great valour, lineage but the common man like you and me.

This is a time of joy for one of the greatest sons of the soil went home to meet his father, to a place where there is no partiality, no injustice and absolute equality.

Rest in peace Madiba. You have fought well and won.

Pic is from here.

No comments:

Adapt