Google+ Positive Psychologist: Humbled by Limca

Leader

Monday, April 5, 2010

Humbled by Limca

Limca Book of Records recognized my achievement. I am the youngest, in India, to have four post graduate degrees. I completed four PG degrees by the age of 27 while the previous record was held by Deepak Bansal at 29 years.

विद्या ददाति विनयं विनयाद्याति पात्रताम्
पात्रत्वाद्धनमाप्नोति धनाद्धर्मं ततः सुखम्

vidyA dadAti vinayaM, vinayAdyAti pAtratAM |
pAtratvAddhanamApnoti, dhanAddharmaM tataH sukhaM || 5 ||

[(true/complete) knowledge gives discipline, from discipline comes worthiness, from worthiness one gets wealth, from wealth (one does) good deeds, from that (comes) joy]

Am humbled by the response. Let me start by thanking God Almighty for his blessing. My Mom and Dad deserve a special mention at this juncture for their love, perseverance and motivation all through... Thanks for driving the importance of being well read and humble. But for you.. this means nothing. My friends who are J and making others J, thank you. For all the wonderful institutes, luminous faculty, authors, books and so on.. thank you. As I said, am humbled.

Press coverage:

@Eenadu:


[Adding this as I got too many mails, calls and texts to explain or translate the News coverage in Telugu]

@New Indian Express:

http://www.c2clive.com/latestnewsdetail.php?id=255

Why am I doing this? Here is an answer from Sanskrit “Subhashithani”

Na chor haryyam, cha na raj haryyam Na bhratri bhajyam, na bharkari Vyaye krte vardhate ave nityam Vidya dhan sarva dhan pradhanam

Not so philosophical though, I just read for fun.

9 comments:

Sanjay Mahar said...

congratulations...that is amazing

Unknown said...

Hey! Congratulations.. This is really awesome.. Happy for u :)

MJ said...

u did it!! finally :) congrats bro keep rockin...

Unknown said...

CP sir's comment at C2clive.com...

My hearty congratulations to Vamshi. I am happy that Vamshi Krishna was my pet student at Alliance during 2007-09 and authored three research / conference papers jointly. He is hard working, intelligent and sincere student. I wish him all success in his career and life too.
chowdarip@tapmi.edu.in

Posted by Prof Chowdari Prasad on Friday, 04.2.10 @ 17:41pm | Manipal

ManaBlog4All said...

Congrats Vamshi

Roshmi Sinha said...

Congratulations and celebrations!!!

P.S. When and how do you find time for anything else??? You should pen a book on "time management"... it will be a best seller... for sure!

SkyLark said...

Congratulations dear.. None wrote abt the Phd that u r pursuing?

yogesh patel said...

congrats vamshi !! needs real dedication and hardwork for achieveing it... you deserve it..
good luck !!

bvdv said...

Congratulatins boss i really become a fan for you

Bvdvprasad SWE
Mumbai.

Adapt