Google+ Positive Psychologist: I feared...

Leader

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I feared...

From Yashu's Orkut profile:

I feared being alone
until I learned to like myself...

I feared failure until I realized
that I only fail when I don't try...

I feared success until I realized that I had
to try in order to be happy with myself...

I feared people's opinions until I learned
that people would have
opinions about me anyway...

I feared rejection
until I learned to have faith in myself...

I feared pain until I learned
that it's necessary for growth...

I feared the truth until
I saw the ugliness in lies...

I feared life until
I experienced it's beauty...

I feared death until I realized
that it's not an end, but a beginning...

I feared my destiny, until I realized
that I had the power to change my life...

I feared hate until I saw
that it was nothing but ignorance...

I feared ridicule until
I learned how to laugh at myself...

I feared growing old until
I realized that I gained wisdom every day...

I feared the future until
I realized that life just kept getting better...

I feared that past until
I realized that it could no longer hurt me...
I feared the dark until
I saw the beauty of the starlight...

I feared the light until
I learned that the truth would give me strength
I feared change, until I saw
that even the most beautiful butterfly
had to undergo a metamorphosis
before it could fly...

No comments:

Adapt