Google+ Positive Psychologist: Father's Day

Leader

Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

This Father's Day was no different. As usual I spoke to my Dad. I told him how much I love him and thanked him for being there for me always and how proud I was for being his son. Just like I do everyday for the last so many years. I can see his face glow and his chest swell with pride when I do that.
Here is what you can learn. My Prof Ray taught us this. Say Thank You to people who help you regularly. This includes the waiter in the restaurant, operator in the lift, your driver, your parents, children, spouse and all those small acts of kindness that add up to make your work easier. Doesn't matter if you are paying them for the same. Just acknowledge.
Tell your employees, customers, friends how important they are for you. You will earn love and respect from them. It shows how good mannered you are and shows your character and least of all brightens up their day.

2 comments:

SkyLark said...

Well said. I know this practically also.. That boosts the morale of ppl around u also..

Keep writing..

Unknown said...

Thanks Q Skylark..

Adapt