Google+ Positive Psychologist: Monday blues: Fore give

Leader

Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday blues: Fore give




This happened last Sunday at Sarjapur and fits my Monday Blues series.

A sudden jerk, horrible screeching sound and a clanking of metal and then I realise that a vehicle has hit me from behind.

I pull over, park and get down. As I get down I see the driver has hopped out and his friend who is in the passenger's seat is frantically shifting to the driver's seat. A group of 7-10 people has already gathered and are waiting in anticipation. The car has Kerala registration and the driver who was in the driver's seat before rushes to my side and is almost trembling and is whispering sorry. What do I do? What would you do?

As I inspect the ugly scratches on my car, in less than 30 seconds the crowd starts shouting at him and now there are close to 20 people! The other guy has come down now and we are blocking traffic. I look at the guy and his sorry face and I know I am in full control. What would you do? I look at him and tell him its ok. Frankly speaking both of them are stumped. They offer to pay and say something about insurance. I wave them off and say drive safe and get into my car. The smile and relief they have on their face is worth more than the few scratches on my car.

Try it next time. When you get a chance to screw someone's happiness, stop. You will feel up!

Pic is from here

No comments:

Adapt