Google+ Positive Psychologist: Plagiarism, Jai Ho!

Leader

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Plagiarism, Jai Ho!

Imitation is the best form of plagiarism. But no body has time to think and check. The bad part is that the plagiarized, bought works get the highest numbers, accolades. But you know what I think? I am OK with that. All my life I have seen people get away cheating, copying, passing out claiming things they couldn't without getting caught. I am not talking only about academics, but over all people cheat people, break trust for momentary gains, pleasures and positions. Back stabbing is a mastered art for many. I guess it is a survival instinct but it beats all other feelings, emotions and principles. And I have seen them being rewarded, gain a lot, but that is purely temporary.

I think this is dumb. I would prefer to be genuine in my work than be a cheat. Ever thought about conscience? Numbers don't count all the time. Integrity does. Honesty does. People may applaud you now but 10 years they look at you and remember you as a cheat. Even if you don't care, I don't understand how people go to bed without having peace in their souls. My conscience should be clear at the end of the day. Just think about it.

No comments:

Adapt