Google+ Positive Psychologist: Respond or initiate?

Leader

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Respond or initiate?

It's possible to spend an entire day blogging and orkutting and never initiate a thing, just respond to what's coming in. As Seth puts it - it's possible to spend an entire day at work (actually it's possible to spend an entire career) doing nothing but responding. I remember listening to the FM radio for 2 full days when I bought my first radio phone in 2003. I was too immersed that I skipped my lunch! I had to go and sell it off as it was wasting too much of my time.

Just check your day and see how many thinks you have done which change something?
Or did you just respond to what came in?
What can you do to change something or just start something?

Plan your day in such a way that you start something useful in your organization and work on it. When any talk of downsizing rises you will be the last one to be shown the door.

What do you say?

No comments:

Adapt