Google+ Positive Psychologist: Need answer?

Leader

Friday, November 21, 2008

Need answer?

I love books. I buy, read, borrow but never ever lend. I like how they look, feel and the aroma of a new book is out of this world. So its rare that I mince money when buying one.

Carols Bolt's book The book of answers caught my attention when I went to Landmark in good old Forum last time.

Ask any question and open the book and you will find a word or a sentence that would be an answer. You are supposed to follow it. Should you ask your boss for a raise? Call that cute guy you met at a party? Sell your stock? Tell your best friend her boyfriend’s cheating on her? There are hundreds of pages, almost 900 of them in it.

Do people rely on books to decide what should they do? Who in the world would sell his stock because the book said so? Divorce his wife, stop brushing, etc.? But the book is one of the best sellers.

Though I am smart enough to leave my decision to a random answer in a book I decided to try it once. I asked the question if I should buy it. The answer was, "DON'T. Stay back!". So I didn't!

I think this book actually works.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I have seen this book too.Wanted to buy but my friend did not allow me to.I have an another book of same kind called "Ladies Oracle" which mainly helps women in Love life :-) though i don't really rely on the answer, I still have fun using this.

Unknown said...

That friend of yours must be clever. Ladies Oracle!

Adapt