Google+ Positive Psychologist: O God, open my eyes!

Leader

Sunday, November 10, 2013

O God, open my eyes!


O God, open my eyes! Without Your touch I was blind. The god of this age had blinded my eyes (2 Cor 4:4). Now I need Your second touch (Mk 8:25). There are yet scales to fall off my eyes (Acts 9:18).
Open my eyes that I may see wondrous things from Your Word (Psa 119:18). I want not pebbles but pearls. Help me find the treasures hidden to the natural eyes (Prov 2:4). Give me a telescopic vision to look beyond to understand Your prophecies for tomorrow. Give me a microscopic vision to search the depths of Your wisdom. Fit me with a wide angle lens to grasp Your whole counsel.

Lift up thine eyes, O watchman; the armies of the Lord 
Are riding forth to conquest with buckler, shield, and sword; 
Glad tidings unto Zion that valiant host shall bring, 
And shout aloud, Hosanna! The Lord, the Lord is King! 
 (Fanny J. Crosby,1820-1915)

No comments:

Adapt