Google+ Positive Psychologist: Here, use my debit card

Leader

Monday, September 13, 2010

Here, use my debit card

'Let me use my debit card. Why do you wan to swipe it? I would anyways pay it before the due date. I have cash.'

This is the usual response whenever I take my credit card out. Incidentally I have noticed that people carry debit cards and shop more often using that rather than use their credit cards. RBI has come up with an interesting study on this.

Numbers released by the Reserve Bank of India have belied any such projections far from growing at a blistering pace, credit card usage amongst India's consumers is actually falling. Use of plastic money, instead of cash, is seen by economists as a sign of confidence of the ordinary consumer in the economy.

Read it here: Debit's in.

No comments:

Adapt