Google+ Positive Psychologist: Monday Blues - Leap of faith

Leader

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Monday Blues - Leap of faith

 How is your day treating you? Today, I am a bit early with my Monday Blues post to catch you off guard. I want to push you to take a leap of faith today. 

You will have many moments in life when your decisions are going to change your future. How will you know that? When I am in such a situation I can feel a ball forming in my gut and I can hear the beat of my heart in my throat. It is then that you either decide to go ahead or take a step back. 

I will share an experience in my life a few years back. I happened to be in Mauritius for a seminar and I had the opportunity to dive into the ocean (with all the safety gear). But here I am, scared of water! I didn't know how to swim. And this tour guide who facilitated my dive in the Indian ocean tells me to not worry and just jump as everything will be fine. Fine? What do you even mean I will be fine! I was hesitant. Here I was about 2 miles away from the shore, waiting for my ocean of doubt to clear and find mental peace that would help me decide. After a few moments, I took the plunge. 


Heck! I didn't know where I was for almost 30 seconds as things were going too fast or that is what I felt. I was breathing too fast, searching for air, to see something. After taking two minutes to calm down, I started to enjoy the dive and kept at it for 40 mins more. As I write this, I can still see the rays of the sun coming down through the waters and illuminate the world below as I bobbed up and down like a leaf in the currents of the mighty Indian Ocean. I was transported to the James Cameroon world, live! What an experience it was! Once in a lifetime opportunity and a memory forever.

When you are faced with situations you cannot fathom, and you are trying something new to change your attitude about life, learning a new trick, course, I am sure you would feel like I felt on that boat on that December afternoon. You can easily walk out, take a step back to let the status quo remain so. Do not let the fear of failure keep you away. Go for it (with all the safety precautions) and you will come back with an experience. 

I urge you today to take the next step up! 


Learn something new. 

Take up the challenge you have been postponing. 

Finish the assignment you stopped after finishing the half. 

Make that sales call you have been postponing. 

Reopen the negotiation. 

Call those cold leads and start a conversation. 

Take up writing, painting, music, reading, cooking, cleaning, recycling - whatever you wanted to do. 

We have one life - to learn, make memories. Take that up. Even if it is just one leap - take it.

Share your experience when you took a difficult decision and how it worked out.

#Taketheplunge #TrysomethingNew #Learnforlife #TalktoTiger #PositivePsychologistBangalore

No comments:

Adapt