Google+ Positive Psychologist: Munching office politics - Monday Blues

Leader

Monday, July 1, 2019

Munching office politics - Monday Blues

So, how is your Monday going? How is the attitude at work and politics? How are you driving yourself to keep up with the pressures of life? When faced with certain circumstances, we are often tempted to take a path that is curt, to the point and  dusted with harmful options. 

These are easy to come up with and react. However, as a leader, you need to look up above the simple low-minded people's attributes and behave. Learn to let it go, forgive, move on to be a better person than you can be. Revenge is not ours and it will be taken up when needed. Not by you and I but by the power high up above. I am really telling you this.


You may be thinking that I don't understand your situation but trust me when I say, I have been in the worst of politics, dealt with people who behave like animals fighting for survival and have still come up victorious. The revenge when the pride falls is sweet, beautiful and worth waiting for. The key is in understanding the psyche and learning to let the barking snarling dog go. You will find your light, soon enough.

Here is a hymn by Horatius Bonar that keeps me from losing my cool and waiting patiently for the show to mature.

Thy way, not mine, O Lord, however dark it be;
Lead me by Thine own hand, choose Thou the path for me.
I dare not choose my lot; I would not if might;
Choose Thou for me, my God, so shall I walk aright.

Immerse yourself in your domain, responsibilities. Keep that smile on, push forward and perform better than anyone you know and you will live to see the fall. 

No comments:

Adapt