Google+ Positive Psychologist: Tell me about me

Leader

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Tell me about me

Every great marketing plan that worked, worked because it spoke about me and me alone. Not about how your product was created after great research and how it is going to be great in future. It worked because it might do something for me - fulfil a need, provides comfort, make a change that I want to and so on. 

If you are a marketer, come to me with a campaign that aims at making me realize what I value, win me over with a story of how I am great (Perfumes, apparel, fashion...), why my beliefs are true (Baby products, investment options, real estate, etc.) and why my fanatic apprehensions are true (Termites, insurance, cavities in teeth and so on) and it might work most of the time.

If you are a buyer, see through the message and see if it actually is useful for you and see if I am being honest and then decide on the buy. I am a marketer, your job is to make my job tougher :) 

No comments:

Adapt