Google+ Positive Psychologist: Teacher's Day

Leader

Friday, September 5, 2008

Teacher's Day

Today is Teacher's Day in India. I thank all the people who were instrumental in teaching me, showing me things and making me what I am today. All learning begins at home. My mom, who is my first teacher and sacrificed her promising career for me, my Dad who is my pillar of strength, school and college teachers, people at work and many more fall in here. I learnt and un-learnt. Many a times it was easy to learn, sometimes it was not, some times it was very unpleasant but I did.

I have had the privilege of working with many people, both who were interested in helping the student and those who were not. There were teachers who treated their students as their children, sometimes even more. There were teachers who spoon-fed, who gave you the goal with no map, goal with map and user manual and so on. Many varieties, many talents, approaches, beliefs, styles, passions, natures and psyches. Let me make it clear here that I have learnt from each one of them and am still at it.

My Dad says, "A soldier defends the country from the outside, a teacher from the inside." How true.

Thank you one and all for being there.

6 comments:

Dr Chowdari Prasad said...

Hi Vamshi,
It was a nice gesture that you remember your parents, teachers and all those who are instrumental in moulding your career and life. Teacher-taught relationship is very sacred and precious. It is eternal too. Life is a long journey and you will come across different types of people and face/experience a host of incidents from whom you will go on learning. Simply, I thank you as one of your teachers and wish you all the best in career and life.

Unknown said...

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the comment.

Rgds,

Tiger

MJ said...

Your Dad's Saying must go into the Great Quotes collection....
Hats off to the Dad's as they are our first teachers!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi MJ,

You are right. As I said, Learning begins at home. That's where the core product is made. All augmentation is made outside.

Sara said...

I heard you saying," My Dad said"!a million times.Very true!Though we know that our parents are our first teachers , how many of us does remember them and wish them on Teacher's day?Your Posting is really touching.

Let me share my most favorite quote by Henry Adams.

" A Teacher affects eternity ; he can never tell where his infleucne stops."

Best regards
Sara Kathi

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah,

I do. Thanks for the comment. Yes My Dad has many such quotes up his sleeve and I remember most of them.

Adapt